I swear i wont buy external again....

Talk About Anything On Your Mind
Dubtwenty_20

I swear i wont buy external again....

Unread post by Dubtwenty_20 »

I swear does anyone have this problem. You buy external and they always seem to not load anymore. not he click click, or the buzz sound. which means ur drive is probably dead. i got 4 of them that just stopped loading. I don't understand it. Any suggestions on how to maybe get these drives to work or get the info off of it and put it on a newer drive??? i barely even used the drives, i just put stuff on it then turn it off. External is rough
Kush

Re: I swear i wont buy external again....

Unread post by Kush »

You can take it up to best buy and they can get the info off of it but if you have a password on it you better remember it i have an external never had any problems i have had it since the 1st of the year tho it's a 1.35 it still have 1TB left so looks like i still have a shit load off space on it.
:yoda: :yee: :mj: :dre: :arnold3:
Dubtwenty_20

thanks so much @kush. its funny cause the last two i bought. were both that western digital 2 tb deal they had. 99.99 at best buy. i bought two and the other one just doesn't work at all. Can't wait to get the older albums off my shit. most of it from ek though. they had a lot of old like rv (No names) i hope they all work good still. then i will get my 5 tera bytes all back. i still have plenty of music though to help on here with. plus scans. @Jay - I think ur right about the brand. Western digital sucks ass. never buying them again. sea gate is the best by far. buy sea gate people or u will be in my spot. a bunch of hard drives laying around.
Streetz
BOSS

Unread post by Streetz »

seagate and western are same company and product

both owned by same parent
NaRf

Unread post by NaRf »

i have a 3tb seagate owned it for over 3 years no problems here
[youtube][/youtube]
Dubtwenty_20

wish i had ur luck homie. o well i'll just go to best buy and see whats up. if i can't get info on some of them. i'll let u know how it goes. thanks for your help everyone because i don't know shit about hard drives. i just put the music on it and always have problems with them. external that is. my internal is 12 yearss old. works great still lol. but all my 2 tb, nope they all freak out after 5 months or less. #BadLuck :)
apple01doj

Unread post by apple01doj »

Western Digital 2.0 is hella reliable. Anything with a 3.0 USB blows ass. Same shit, put like a TB of shit on a new one and it died in like a month.
lungsfull

Unread post by lungsfull »

r u guys dropping them or something had the same 3tb for a long time now.

if u have the cash a solid state drive is way better than a normal HD
If something I posted is down message me.

p1mpcl1n1c

Unread post by p1mpcl1n1c »

:bill: have you tried using LINUX? Puppy to be exact? I've used it many times to retrieve data off Laptop/Notebook PCs~
It loads a small OS on System memory (RAM ) I've not used it on an External HDD tho~allows you too look into Drives and retrieve DATA, people I knew were in tears thought they lost all their important stuff I got it back for em~! :yoda:
þ1MþÇ∟1Ñ1Ç
[youtube][/youtube]
OG CB

Unread post by OG CB »

Always have 2. A back up for your back up. They go out. Always do. They are also relatively cheap and burn up if always running.

Back up for your back up when one goes out. Get another. Transfer files.