Retirement

Introduce Yourself..
D-Noch

Retirement

Unread post by D-Noch »

To: KILLA45, LepRcon, SkillToe, and Lungsfull - yo, I legit apologize for conceding the workload to y'all exclusively--cause it's not a lot of bodies left puttin in time to stave off the encroaching crickets around this bitch...and I feel bad embodying the attrition I tried the last 18 months to fight. There was a good 6 years or so after I moved east, I wouldn't have had a fkin clue what was comin out the Bay if it weren't for BOT/TBS and their respective workhorses keepin my playlist swole. Bt fk, man- as people dipped out/stopped participating, it got more and more of a grind to try and keep pace with/between posts and releases. I'm sittin just north of 1000 albums I pulled, backin through catalogs, https://pastebin.com/c4sc79fM AT LEAST 300 never got a proper post, and at least that many are long forgotten and the rest are collections I'm trying to back-fill. I don't even know where to start or where to host - or if anyone even actually gives a shit about these artists. L.O.T.S. is a great example -- this nigga got 23 albums since 2017...I never heard of his shit before (again, shouts to Kerbs - that Yawndass request put me cache of probs 75 albums, JUST FROM RICHMOND I had never heard before).

I tried everything I could fkin think of ...multiple times... to provide the means/infrastructure for anybody to work with, around, or next to my ass, but no matter what I assembled or proposed, I might as well been a square ass alien tryin to cop a kik, lol - cause ain't a soul fkin with me. Nobody wanted to get down on collective projects, I tried AND STILL WILL host a simple AJAX chat room, an encrypted Matrix server, p2p node/hub, and even got my Nextcloud instance hummin to nobody would have to learn a single piece of new information or install any software, and we could chat directly, exchange directly, collaborate on playlists, and have direct access to archives/cloud drives/storage/etc. My last option was try to recruit a couple people to collaborate on a single workflow for getting albums posted- but after posting and messaging direct appeals, I don't seem to have any takers. Which is coo- I ain't want it to sound like I'm salty; If mfkz got other shit goin on in their lives, or just have neither need nor desire to buy what I'm sellin- that's my problem to solve, not theirs.

If anyone changes their mind on the workflow solution, I'm happy to build whatever around you---just make and give me access to cloud storage that will let me sync folders of files (rather than .rar'd albums). All you gotta do is compress a copy of the folder, host it as you see fit, and type out the post. I'll keep a copy of the album cover in there, but it's gonna be on you to either host the image or google the album and embed an existing link.

And again, still happy to throw the AJAX chatroom or matrix server back up, or make accounts and whitelist IPs for my Nextcloud....just lemme know.

I'll be through to check requests now and again, and I get email pushes from dms.

Other than that, It's been a pleasure - y'all be safe
-D
Town Bidnezz

Re: Retirement

Unread post by Town Bidnezz »

My bad my inbox cant hold anymore messages.
Whats a better way to stay in touch?
[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
D-Noch

Unread post by D-Noch »

you name it, bruh. I am going to spin up another matrix server when I have time, and my nextcloud is still rockin, though it is pretty neglected at this point. I'm down to use whatever mfkz already got installed/actually use
lungsfull

Unread post by lungsfull »

some of that stuff on your list is deezer DL's? IDK if Dubee on there is Dubee from Crestside on all of them Deezer doesn't do a good job separating artists with same name.
If something I posted is down message me.

KILLA45

Unread post by KILLA45 »

Much respect bro you been doing this for along time and I be down to do whatever make things easy here on TBS.
D-Noch

Unread post by D-Noch »

lungsfull wrote:some of that stuff on your list is deezer DL's? IDK if Dubee on there is Dubee from Crestside on all of them Deezer doesn't do a good job separating artists with same name.
Deezer is absolutely the fkin worst at differentiating artists. However, one can rip an entire Deezer album from a free account in less than the time in takes to pull one track from Spotify, plus I don't have to dick about with the output folder/names/etc. I just can't go back to Sidify/etc, lol.
lungsfull

Yep simple as hell

D-Noch

Unread post by D-Noch »

KILLA45 wrote:Much respect bro you been doing this for along time and I be down to do whatever make things easy here on TBS.
How about if you go ahead and start a google doc for a text version of your list of missing albums, and we can use getting those from me to you as a test case for what we could set up - sound good? (I am cool with the list being wherever, I only suggested google docs so you could fill the list at your own pace, but I can get running access to whatever you have done. -- alternatively, we could do it within my nextcloud instance - it has collaborative editing of docs and spreadsheets ...I seem to recall an OCR workflow, too...I wonder if we could try to automate turning those album covers into a text list....i'm game for whatever, just get at me and let me know
KingSketti

Unread post by KingSketti »

yo D-Noch, you are kind of right about people not contributing or taking you up on your offer, you hit me up. I actually do feel kind of bad about that shit. I just literally can't do it beyond what little I try to contribute ...i have extenuating circumstances as a C4 quadriplegic of almost 20 years, for as much as it should seem that I should have more free time, I am constantly doing physical rehab or sitting in a doctors office or the hospital. So the best thing I figure I can do is fulfill the occasional request or re-up....but yeah, excuses ...excuses blah
lungsfull

KingSketti wrote:yo D-Noch, you are kind of right about people not contributing or taking you up on your offer, you hit me up. I actually do feel kind of bad about that shit. I just literally can't do it beyond what little I try to contribute ...i have extenuating circumstances as a C4 quadriplegic of almost 20 years, for as much as it should seem that I should have more free time, I am constantly doing physical rehab or sitting in a doctors office or the hospital. So the best thing I figure I can do is fulfill the occasional request or re-up....but yeah, excuses ...excuses blah
every bit helps. By the time I wake up get the kid to school me to work get home go to baseball practice water the plants eat dinner walk the dog and do house shit in between all that I am too busy life just keeps going and all of the sudden its almost a new year.